Requirements and standard costs below.
|Age||X-ray||Lab Tests||Other requirements||Cost|
|Under 11yrs||No||No||Only if indicated||$185|
|11 to 14 yrs||Yes||No||Only if indicated||$273|
|15 to 69yrs||Yes||Yes||Only if indicated||$400|
|Over 70yrs||Yes||Yes||Dementia Screen||$452|
CityMed is a member of the onshore panel of doctors for Immigration New Zealand. The medicals are processed electronically through New Zealand Immigration's emed system which we are familiar with, having used it for some years for Australian immigration medicals.
We aim to provide high quality and efficient completion of your medical. CityMed is a one stop shop with approved laboratory and x-ray facilities onsite.
You can help us complete your medical in a timely way by following the checklist below and ensuring you provide the necessary dcouments.
For bookings or if you have any questions, please contact reception on 09 377 5525.
New Zealand Immigration Medical Appointment Checklist
Below is the list of requirements for us to complete your medical. Please read the information carefully to ensure you bring all the required information and documentation to your appointment.If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Original passport with a current validation date.
- Visa Type - you must know what immigration visa you require.Visit the link below for further information https://visaoptions.immigration.govt.nz/Home/Landing.aspx
- Interpreter - if your English is not to a good conversational level you will need to arrange for an interpreter to attend with you, at your cost. Immigration NZ has advised that friends, colleagues, or family members are not acceptable as interpreters, although a family member or friend may attend with you to act as your support person.
- Glasses or contact lenses.
- Medical history summary from your regular doctor. If you or your doctor have any specialist reports for significant conditions, please also bring these.
- Pregnant applicants – please bring a letter from your doctor or midwife confirming your estimated date of delivery.
- A full body medical examination will need to be carried out by the doctor. You will be asked to remove all of your clothing, except your underwear. If you have religious or cultural beliefs which may impact on this please discuss this with us prior to making your appointment. We have both male and female doctors available. The examination rooms have a curtained cubicle for your privacy, and a sheet to cover yourself with.
- Applicants aged under 18 years of age - must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian.
- Laboratory & Radiology Testing - a urine sample is required for analysis, please drink plenty of fluid before you come in. Women need to make sure they will not be menstruating within 3 days of the appointment.We have a panel radiology and laboratory facility at CityMed.
- Client Declaration – you will need to read and sign this at your appointment. For a copy go to https://www.immigration.govt.nz/documents/forms-and-guides/emedicalclientconsentdeclaration.pdf
- Current email address
You must arrive at least 15 minutes before the appointment time so that reception can register your details and check you have everything required before the medical examination begins.
Further information can be obtained from:
Please note that the New Zealand Immigration Department's rules do not permit you to see the Doctor who performed your immigration medical, for medical services after. You can however, see another Doctor at our clinic instead.