Australian immigration medicals can only be performed by Australian Immigration panel doctors, so cannot be done by other doctors. We are fortunate to have three Australian panel doctors at CityMed.
The medical is completed and filed electronically through the Australian Immigration Department’s eMedical system. We can only access your eMedical with your unique HAP ID number. You will need to obtain this from your Australian Immigration case manager or online from the link below, before we can book you an appointment. You will also be asked to bring in your eMedical referral letter.
Medical history information has to be completed online on the link below, before contacting CityMed;
A “ HAP ID” processing number will then be generated, have this number on hand when ringing CityMed for an appointment.
Checklist of requirements for your Australian Immigration medical appointment
- eMedical referral letter showing your HAP ID number
- Original Passport with a current validation date. Certified copies cannot be accepted
- Glasses or contact lenses
- A medical history summary from your regular doctor. If you have any letters or reports from medical specialists please bring these also.
- Interpreter if you do not speak English to a good conversational level. Friends, colleagues or family members cannot be accepted as your interpreter, however you may bring them along as your support person. The interpreter must be a registered interpreter and it is at your cost.
- A urine sample is required to be done as part of the medical, so please ensure you are well hydrated. Women, please note that the medical cannot be completed if you have your period as the urine sample cannot be done during menstruation or within three days of it finishing.
- Legal Guardian or parent if you are under 16 years of age
- A full body medical examination will need to be carried out by the doctor. You will be asked to remove all of your clothing, except your underwear. If you have religious or cultural beliefs which may impact on this please discuss this with us prior to making your appointment. We have both male and female doctors available. The examination rooms have a curtained cubicle for your privacy, and a sheet to cover yourself with.
- Client Declaration – you will need to read and sign this at your appointment. For a copy go to https://www.border.gov.au/Visa...
|Australian Immigration Medical age 0-4 years||$130|
|Australian Immigration Medical age 5-14||$160|
|Australian Immigration Medical age >15years||$200|
|Australian Immigration >75 Years||$225|
|Chest Xray (not required for all patients)||$90|
|Laboratory Testing (not required for all patients)||Price variable depending on what tests are required.|